Spring is great for a couple reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open windows for fresh air and your utility bill is usually at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your heating or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Jacksonville and keeping payments lower.
1. Schedule Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and scale down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power costs low.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in newer AC systems is a definite benefit for keeping your utility expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling expenses. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Figuring out how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the cheaper your home comfort expense will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can take advantage of a couple other methods to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and correct the temp when you’re out to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These expert tips will all help keep summer energy expenses down. If you conclude it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 904-450-5672 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the best solution for your space. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.