Spring is wonderful for a couple reasons: flowers bloom, you can open windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is usually at its most economical. That’s because you’re not using your heating or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Jacksonville and keeping payments lower.
1. Book Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it run more efficiently and scale down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power costs down.
If your cooling equipment has experienced better days, spring is an excellent time to replace it. The energy-saving features in newer AC systems is a definite benefit for keeping your utility expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to expertly work your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between exterior temperatures and interior temperatures, the smaller your home comfort cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or shut it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can take advantage of a couple other methods to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence cooler by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Think About Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and change the temp when you’re out to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy expenses down. If you conclude it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 904-450-5672 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the right solution for your space. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.