4 Tips for Saving Energy in Jacksonville This Summer
Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers bloom, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is generally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not using your heat or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are some ideas for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a seasonal maintenance visit can help it work more efficiently and reduce costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility expenses low.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a great time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in updated air conditioning systems is a huge plus in keeping your electricity expenses down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on home comfort bills. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Figuring out how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the best way to lower energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Think about it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and interior temperatures, the lower your home comfort expense will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can try a few other things to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise when it’s warm out, which drives cool air upward. This disperses cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Consider Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and suddenly realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the full day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and move the temp when you’re out and about to help you save energy and money. You can also set the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These professional ideas will all help keep summer energy bills low. If you think it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you figure out the right product for your house. And as always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
How to Choose a Suitable HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more essential than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision affects your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and overall home efficiency. Then again, with so many system... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Now that the air turns chilly, you know it’s time to get your home ready for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is critical to maintaining a cozy, warm setting. A well-maintained furnace supplies the comfort you want while using a smaller amount of energy. Regular inspections also make... Continue reading
2024 Furnace and Air Conditioning Trends
In the ever-evolving world of home HVAC, keeping up with the latest HVAC trends is crucial for homeowners who want to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. As we move into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing new technologies and trends aimed at changing how residents... Continue reading