Scheduling annual AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Checkups keep your air conditioning unit in Jacksonville running at peak performance while keeping energy usage small. It also may even help prolong its life span.
While there are several things you can do on your own, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Air Engineers Service Experts, for AC checks and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can take by yourself as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Maintenance Booked
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that includes a big amount of home, garage and yard cleaning. With the hotter temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the best time of year to get your AC equipment scrubbed and inspected. Delaying to flip it on until the first warm day of the year can be dicey. If you have to schedule repair or installation, you may be waiting days for a tech. And that might get very unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a fresh AC system will help provide the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, AC service can be a requirement for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance Alone?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your air conditioner equipment in the best condition:
- Replace your air filter. Dirty filters restrict airflow and might lower your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the kind you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn upkeep around the exterior condenser. Check the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear area. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have dropped into your unit, because this might block airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Air Engineers Service Experts at 904-450-5672, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then our Experts begin the finer details. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s operating like it should with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to deliver secure operation.
- Oiling to keep moving components working like they should and potentially skip problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Cleaning the exterior coil to remove any buildup from dirt and weeds.
- Examining controls to double check your equipment is switching on, running and shutting down correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that involve extra work, we are prepared to offer you the most reasonable solution. Finding possible troubles in a timely manner may solve more expensive problems in the future. This also gives you time to save if your equipment is getting outdated.
When you are looking for an updated cooling system, our Experts will assist you to find the ideal equipment for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to book your maintenance? Call us at 904-450-5672 or schedule an appointment online now.