How to Protect Your Home in Extreme Cold
It’s frigid outside. Most of the country is layering up for some icy weather. And while the Experts are always eager to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water connections.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks by exterior walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets under sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you have vents closed in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not working, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.
How to Choose a Suitable HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more essential than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision affects your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and overall home efficiency. Then again, with so many system... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Now that the air turns chilly, you know it’s time to get your home ready for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is critical to maintaining a cozy, warm setting. A well-maintained furnace supplies the comfort you want while using a smaller amount of energy. Regular inspections also make... Continue reading
2024 Furnace and Air Conditioning Trends
In the ever-evolving world of home HVAC, keeping up with the latest HVAC trends is crucial for homeowners who want to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. As we move into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing new technologies and trends aimed at changing how residents... Continue reading