How Do You Check for Carbon Monoxide?

There are many gases that could be in your Jacksonville house. Natural gas and fumes that derive from household fixtures, carpeting and paints. None of them are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Reach Air Engineers Service Experts at 904-450-5672 now to get started protecting your house against this dangerous gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Deadly?

Carbon monoxide might be a major concern, so it’s not a matter to mess around with.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is dangerous because you cannot observe it, smell it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in small concentrations and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Deadly Within Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of used fuel. It can filter into your home during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Based on how considerable the leak is and the circulation in a house, it can become deadly in just a few minutes.

Once breathed in, carbon monoxide has a half-life of about five hours. If you are taking in pure air, you will need five hours to get it out of your system. You will need an additional five hours to decrease that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Mirror Other Illnesses

It could also cause illnesses that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.

How to Guard Your Home from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several ways you can take to keep your family safe:

  1. Each home with at least one fuel-burning heater, adjoined garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide alarm. You need to have a detector on all levels of your residence, including the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of all bedrooms. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide system in your residence?
    Call Air Engineers Service Experts at 904-450-5672 to purchase one. Ask our Experts about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
  2. If you currently have a carbon monoxide system, regularly look at or replace the batteries. You should check batteries every season, and get a new detector every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide detector alerts you to danger, leave your house without delay and call 911.

Keep Your Family Safe with Help from Air Engineers Service Experts

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the right precautions your home can be safe from the dangerous gas. Make the proper changes and call Air Engineers Service Experts at 904-450-5672 to learn more.