Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your air conditioning abruptly breaks down. You start calling around looking for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for a technician to arrive. Talk about a nightmare!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an important tool in preventing this problem. But what are the signs that it’s time for a maintenance call? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have any issues? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC Experts recommend servicing it no less than once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, protecting against potential concerns and increasing its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred time of year. This makes it possible for you to fix potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioning runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring is past, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to increasing cooling efficiency with preventive maintenance, it’s better late than never.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioner tune-up is a thorough process involving a variety of steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not advisable. Here are some key aspects of the work performed during a routine service visit:
- Thorough inspection: The technician looks over your AC unit for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other components to make sure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals advise doing this yourself every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down correctly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth the effort. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less power to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician methodically inspects your HVAC system every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Higher air quality: A clean air conditioning system translates into better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, consistent AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should consider it an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility bills, complicated and expensive repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To increase your savings, think about investing in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll decrease the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to suit your needs and spending plan. You’ll experience several perks no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system continues to operate in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with additional discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your peace of mind, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for a year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, regular AC maintenance is crucial for increasing performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule a yearly visit, preferably in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts has long been the top choice, with certified Experts, comprehensive maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Leave air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or schedule your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.