How to Choose the Right Air Conditioner for Your Residence
Building a new house? Upgrading your current unit? Regardless of why you’re shopping for an air conditioner, you could quickly realize you have more alternatives than you originally thought. Read through this guide to help you compare four different kinds so you can find the best air conditioner in the U.S..
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people bring to mind when they picture air conditioning for the complete house. Central air conditioning circulates air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This might be right for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for nearly silent, convenient air conditioning.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps run just like central air conditioners. A lot of models can also deliver heat in the winter.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- Your home is in an area with temperate weather during the winter.
- You want a lone piece of equipment for full-year heating and cooling, in lieu of a standard furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You want quiet, energy-efficient operation.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet remains at a consistent 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump makes use of this continuous supply of energy with underground loops for excellent heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be ideal for you if:
- Your home utilizes ductwork.
- You desire a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your house for the underground loops.
This is a second style of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an interior blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t require any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This could be right for you if:
- Your residence, or a new addition to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You’re seeking an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling single spaces.
- You’re seeking to add zoning to your residence.
Still unsure which style of air conditioner you should buy? Trust the Experts at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for all things air conditioning! We can talk through your options and help you choose the right one for your budget. Please contact us estimate now.
How to Choose a Suitable HVAC System
When it comes to keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more essential than picking out the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision affects your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and overall home efficiency. Then again, with so many system... Continue reading
Year-End HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Now that the air turns chilly, you know it’s time to get your home ready for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is critical to maintaining a cozy, warm setting. A well-maintained furnace supplies the comfort you want while using a smaller amount of energy. Regular inspections also make... Continue reading
2024 Furnace and Air Conditioning Trends
In the ever-evolving world of home HVAC, keeping up with the latest HVAC trends is crucial for homeowners who want to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. As we move into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing new technologies and trends aimed at changing how residents... Continue reading