Summer is normally a busy time of year for many people in Jacksonville. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any host of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Jacksonville heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Jacksonville heat is a must. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Air Engineers Service Experts a call at 904-450-5672 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is operating at its peak in the Jacksonville heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this tough, but if you are able to take a quick break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it can also be an early sign of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when scheduling outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Jacksonville temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than normal. It can help you cool down a bit quicker so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.