Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Jacksonville, you may be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some factors to think over, in addition to the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This conserves energy and enhances comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the complete comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. A modern air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Air Engineers Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and offer the proper advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you install both components at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t typically any major imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at peak efficiency, making your residence cozier and decreasing your monthly utility costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you install a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you may even be authorized for a special deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Air Engineers Service Experts. We realize the expense of replacing your complete system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and just one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 904-450-5672 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.