Air conditioners don’t last for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some factors to think about, plus the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and enhances comfort by running at multiple speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the complete comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your residence comfy. An updated air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Air Engineers Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and offer the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your pocketbook if you install both components at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t often any major imminent consequences. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at peak efficiency, making your residence cozier and reducing your monthly utility costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you put in new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both replaced during the same appointment. And you may even be authorized for a special deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Air Engineers Service Experts. We realize the price of replacing your complete system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and just one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 904-450-5672 to book an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.