When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water seems clear, it may still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. Plenty of people don't like the taste of tainted tap water and understand the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have healthy drinking water on hand.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you might first opt for going the bottled water plan. But of course, this gets costly fast. In addition, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It may also deliver healthier water much more easily because you can get it directly from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, enabling you to maximize the benefits anywhere you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filtration system, learn what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate hazardous contaminants. Then, choose Air Engineers Service Experts to help you choose and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality varies by location, but a few of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that regulated water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap water, providing you and your family with safe, healthy water to enjoy. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of debris in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can become concentrated in the water main following heavy rains. While largely harmless, sediment will make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Sadly, this disinfectant creates hazardous chemical byproducts when it reacts with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. A few DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration solution. Besides being cleaner for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more muddy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others raise your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to bring higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s configuration, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Air Engineers Service Experts, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to reduce water hardness, filter out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, easy and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Air Engineers Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.