The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it may still contain toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and well-being. Many people do not like the taste of tainted tap water and understand the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have clean drinking water at home.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you may first think about trying the bottled water plan. Sadly, this gets pricey fast. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren’t recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and healthier for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also supply healthier water more conveniently because you can get it straight from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems supply purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, helping you to make the most of the benefits anywhereyou use water at home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate hazardous contaminants. Then, choose Sunbeam Service Experts to help you find and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality varies by location, but some of the most likely contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your home’s tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, illustrating that lawful water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your faucets, providing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of sediment in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can accumulate in the water main following heavy rainfall. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is the key to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant creates harmful chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. Certain DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the goal of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more muddy water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and stick to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that healthy water doesn’t have to come with bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s setup, you might need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Sunbeam Service Experts, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to scale back water hardness, clear out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, simple and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Sunbeam Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.
7 Common Causes of No Hot Water
If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance it’s because you just had a breathtakingly cold shower or turned on the faucet to discover that your house doesn’t have hot water. It’s an irritating scenario, but don’t stress. Learning the most frequent causes of no hot water is the... Continue reading
Do I Really Need a Water Softener or Is an Inline Filter Sufficient?
We all need clean water for daily routines like cooking, cleaning and personal hygiene. Many the U.S. homeowners wonder which is better—a water filter or a water softener? Explore the primary differences between inline water filters and whole-house water softeners, the advantages they provide... Continue reading