Preventing it from happening is the most essential place to begin. Taking correct safety precautions will lower your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Jacksonville.
Here are a couple steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the restricted space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when run correctly but can create carbon monoxide when used for a long period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating accurately, including your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe heating by booking yearly furnace maintenance with Air Engineers Service Experts.