Stopping it from happening is the most essential place to start. Taking appropriate safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Jacksonville.
Here are several steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the small space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills for heat. These items are safe when operated right but can create carbon monoxide when used for a long period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a specialist. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected correctly.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating correctly, including your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe operation by booking yearly furnace maintenance with Air Engineers Service Experts.