Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by partial fuel combustion usually caused by a lack of oxygen. In your house, appliances that consume natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not operating accurately or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces may also produce carbon monoxide. CO is toxic to the body and is lethal at increased levels or with long exposure.