Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Jacksonville
You might not think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you hope it’s working correctly so your Jacksonville basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can stop working for a few different reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t running properly, get in touch with the Experts at Air Engineers Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease working for a couple of different reasons:
- Power loss
- Irregular maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frosted over or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to ensure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Ensure the cord is in acceptable shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in case of power surges.
- Verify the pump is upright and not tipping to one side, since this can cause the pump to not turn on when needed.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump runs and pulls out the water rapidly.
- During drought-like weather, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Air Engineers Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of insurance to protect your home from water damage, trust the Experts at Air Engineers Service Experts to verify yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 904-450-5672 or schedule an appointment online.